The purpose of the La Crosse Community Foundation is to enrich the quality of life in the greater La Crosse area by:
- Attracting charitable gifts, chiefly in the form of endowment funds, promoting community philanthropy;
- Serving as a steward for entrusted funds and using these precious resources wisely and efficiently;
- Supporting programs and activities of economic, educational, social and cultural non-profit organizations;
- Providing leadership by serving as a convenor/catalyst in identifying problems and opportunities and shaping effective responses to them;
- Being a community resource and providing services to donors, non-profit agencies and the community-at-large.