uman Powered Trails, Inc. is a non-profit organization whose mission is: “To develop and maintain first class sustainable and environmentally correct, human-powered, shared use trails for the La Crosse, WI region."
|Oatmeal Cookie Granola|
|Written by Benjamin Spanel|
|Monday, 22 November 2010 20:59|
As the cold weather sets in I find it difficult to enjoy a half frozen goo pack or a rock hard power bar while out on the trails. This granola mixture tastes just like oatmeal cookies and will bring a cup of yogut to life! Try this recipe for a healthy snack when you're out hiking, hitting the ski trails, or doing a ride. Put the mixture in a ziplock, throw it in your pack, and enjoy.
Oatmeal Cookie Granola
4 cups oats
4 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup flax seed
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/3 cup honey
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine oats, brown sugar, flax, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Melt the butter add honey to a small sauce pan.
3. Once this simmers remove it from the heat and rapidly stir in the extract.
4. Mix this well and pour it over the dry mixture. Mix thoroughly to get an even coat.
5. Place this on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 20-minutes or so.
6. When finished let it cool and put it in a ziplock.