HPT currently has two levels of membership; supporting and general...
Are individuals that have either...
- Contributed at least 10 hours of volunteer time toward supporting
HPT's mission. This could be building trails, administrative work,
fundraising, etc. (See our Volunteer Opportunities for more info)
- Paid annual dues by sending in the minimum contribution of $15 for
those under 18, or $25 for those over 18 years of age. Although, there
are many different levels of membership that are available.
(Includes HPT t-shirt)
(Includes HPT Mt. Borah micro poly Marathon-T jersey)
- have voting privileges, and may vote in the annual election for
the HPT Board of Directors as well as any other elections that may
relate to HPT decisions.
- may receive discounts and/or free entry at HPT events where a fee is charged.
- have access to the HPT Library - Books, Videos, etc that teach how to "Build Better Trails".
- may receive free items such as Tech T-Shirts, Hats, Coffee Mugs, etc as thanks for helping to support HPT.
Download and mail in the HPT Supporting Member Form
Are individuals that have...
- Created an account on the HPT website, participated in an HPT
event, or have volunteered for trailbuilding or some other HPT work but
have not met the minimum volunteer hours to become a Supporting Member.
- General members...
- do not have voting privileges.
- do not receive discounts at HPT events.
Privileges and Responsibilities:
Members help support the mission and purpose of HPT. Although members may choose to not
participate in or publicly support a particular action of HPT without
relinquishing membership privileges.
If your not sure you want to join HPT by sending money or volunteering you can still support HPT's mission by simply registering on our website.
HOW YOUR REGISTRATION HELPS HPT:
So... Join the HPT Online Community and support the shared use trails movement.
- By creating an account on HPT.com you automatically become a "General Member" of HPT (see below).
- By having more members, we show that there is support for shared use trails in our community.
Become a part of the regional network of individuals, families, clubs, and businesses that share your passion for hiking, biking, dog walking, running, snowshoeing and skiing and want access to more and better shared use trails.
What would we do without trails?
Great trails are central to enjoying nature and your individual sports. Yet, our favorite riding, walking, running, and hiking areas face real and serious threats. Closures have already forced many outdoor enthusiasts off traditional trails.
If you've ever been confronted by a sign that reads "NO TRESPASSING" or "TRAIL CLOSED," then you know why the work of HPT is so vital. We are dedicated to preserving and expanding Shared-Use Trails and we need your help.
Strength is achieved in numbers and by becoming a member of HPT you are showing support for shared use trails in our community. Your tax-deductible membership contribution makes it possible for you, your family, your friends and neighbors to enjoy using the trails for many years to come.
So join the Human Powered Trails team and support ongoing volunteer efforts in construction and maintenance of shared-use trails for hiking, biking, running, and cross-country skiing in the La Crosse area.