uman Powered Trails, Inc. is a non-profit organization whose mission is: “To develop and maintain first class sustainable and environmentally correct, human-powered, shared use trails for the La Crosse, WI region."
|HPT Forum Ground Rules|
The rules governing this message center are quite simple and they will be enforced. Our desire is to promote a positive environment for communication among members of the Human Powered Trails community. Forums will be assigned a "moderator" who will govern the flow of messages and restrict inappropriate content. The purpose of a moderator is not to censor your message content, but to prevent violations of the rules.
1. Your Name: The name should be your real "full" name, however you may use a "handle" (alias) if you desire. The "handle" should be in keeping with good taste. You are REQUIRED to put your FULL REAL NAME (first and last name) in the "Real Name" field in your user profile. Failure to comply with this policy will result in account suspension.
2. Password: Your password will be automatically generated and sent to you via email. Why are passwords required? Simple. We want to ensure that messages that are posted are from you and not someone else who is impersonating you. This can be a problem in some Message Forums and we wish to avoid this.
3. Your REAL E-Mail Address: Why? First, so we can send you your password so you can post messages. Also, so others on the forum can contact you directly, or if need be you can have your password emailed to you in case you forget. Your email address will be verified by sending you your User ID and Password via email. Should we get the email returned as undeliverable, then your User Name will be deleted and you will not be allowed access to post topics. Failure to provide a valid email address will result in you not being allowed to post topics.
If you do not wish to give your real email address, then you might consider getting a free web-based email service through Hotmail.com, Yahoo or others. This will keep your private email address private, yet still allow others to contact you. All email addresses will be kept absolutely confidential and will never be released to any outside source. Note that yahoo.com often blocks registration emails as SPAM, so please be sure to check your blocked messages before requesting assistance.
4. Keep your topics and messages on subject. If the Forum is about Bike Tires for example, then keep it about Bike Tires. Off subject posts may be moved or deleted by the Forum's Moderator. So make sure you put your post into the appropriate forum.
5. Keep your posts focused on relevant issues. Postings like "who can beat-up who", rude, or inflammatory in nature are NOT permitted and may be deleted by the Forum's Administrator or moderator.
6. Keep it clean. Hateful, racist, sexual, or slanderous comments and messages about other persons, fellow members or others will NOT be permitted. Any remarks degrading people of either sex or any race will not be tolerated. You may voice your opinion, but again keep it clean. "Flaming" (the trashing of anothers post) will not be permitted. VIOLATORS WILL HAVE THEIR MESSAGES DELETED, ACCESS REMOVED, AND BANNED WITHOUT WARNING. If you disagree with an opinion related by another member, please counter that opinion with your own, but do not resort to insult about the originator. It simply is not right, and only shows that you do not have a valid counter-argument.
7. You may only have ONE account. Those who are discovered to have multiple accounts, or to be impersonating another user will have their membership terminated without notice.
8. Do not cross-post your thread into multiple forums. Even if the topic may cover multiple parts & forums, please choose the forum which most closely fit the topic of your post and post once in the appropriate location.
9. Do not SPAM our forums. Please do not spam our forums. You can post information on events, and other announcements in the "Everything Else" forum.
10. Do not use Instant Messenger slang or shorthand to make your posts. Posts should be typed in clear and concise language, with the aim of using correct spelling and punctuation in order to best facilitate communication with your fellow members.
11. Loud, obnoxious signatures are prohibited. Signatures should not be large graphics that take too long to load or cause the width of the forum table to be altered. Likewise, text should be formatted to be tasteful and not be distractive. Graphics used in signatures will be no larger than your avatar (approximately 120 pixels in width or height), and text will be no larger than size 4 (14pt). Please keep politics out of your signature.
The HPT Discussion Forums mission of promoting tasteful and positive communication among members of the HPT community will never be compromised. By checking the "Accept Terms and Conditions" checkbox and clicking register, you are agreeing to abide by the rules above and any future rules that may be implemented.
Your participation is vital to it's success and we invite you to post and have fun. It's YOUR message center, and yours to use as long as the privilege is not abused.