If anyone has any questions/comments about the meeting please post them here, or contact somebody from the board.
If you couldn't make it to the HPT meeting last week, here's what happened.
Thanks to our new secretary Aaron Schmidt for writing up our first official minutes from our General meeting!If anyone has any questions/comments about the meeting please post them here, or contact somebody from the board.
- What we will continue doing for 2008
- Trail building - Weekly & Weekend
- WEMS Race
- Group Rides (Ladies, Friday Group, Intro Rides)
- Time Trials
- Promote responsible riding (trail use)
- Big organizational changes to HPT
- Members - levels of membership
- Jobs/Positions - different tasks that NEED YOUR HELP
- Committees - Big tasks that will take multiple people to succeed
- Executive Board - General business and direction of HPT
- Officers - Leadership of HPT
- Introduction of appointed board/officers by previous leadership
- Dan Luebke-President, Mike Charron-V.P., Ralph Heath-Treasurer, Aaron Schmidt-Secretary, Mark Koch-Officer
- Additional board members appointed at the meeting included: Gene Roberts, Kevin Weivoda, and Gabe Berendes bringing total board member count to eight.
- The role of the executive board, will be to oversee and guide HPT as a growing organization
- First Executive Board meeting will be held within two weeks. Time and place TBD.
- Open to HPT members
- Possible committees (TBD by the board): These are areas where everyone will have an opportunity to participate and help with the future success of HPT. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
- Planning committee
- Public advancement committee
- Grants/funding committee
- Membership committee
- Nominating committee
- Public relations committee
- Jobs/positions-Assigned and unassigned
- Trail Crew Leaders-i.e. “Dirt Boss”
• Kevin, Tostin , Roger, Mike, and Dan.
- Mechanized Trail Building Operators
• Kevin, Lance, Roger, Dan, and Mike
• Matt K., and others as needed
• TBD - YOUR HELP NEEDED HERE!!!
• Dan, and others as needed
- Technology (website, other software)
• Dan, Carlos, Chris
- Event Coordinator
• Aaron and others as needed
- Mountain Bike Patrol (CORE)
• Gene, Jeremy, Anne
- Others TBD
- Where trails will be built --->
- Weekly trail building days
- Proposing possibly two days
- Monday and Thursday (We'll try it out, and see how it goes)
- New Shirts
- Easily identifyable “Dirt Boss” shirts for leaders
- "Volunteer" shirts to be awarded to for minimum volunteer hours (TBD by board)
- Big thank-you to Mt. Borah for the generous donation!
- Additional shirts can be purchased.
- “Ditch Witch” being purchased for mechanized trail building
- We got the funding! Should be here within a few weeks!
- New HPT website being launched to:
- Enhance collaboration
- Improve communication with members and general public
- Track volunteer hours
- Should be live in a few weeks.
- Mountain Bike Patrol (CORE)
- Gene Roberts will lead this group
- Certified Instructors: Anne and Jeremy
- Working with Vernon County
- Possible Educational trips
- Training for trail crew leaders, mechanized equipment operators
- MORC-Minneapolis, MN
- TREK factory trails with IMBA Trail Solutions
- Insurance and Waivers - Mark Koch
- Youth Initiative
- IMBA –“take a kid mountain biking” - October 4, 2008
- Future for HPT (Big picture for the years to come)
- Miles of new trails
- Trail Amabassadors
- Supporting facilities
- Trail Heads
- Further Cooperation with other groups
- Future Events
HPT needs your help! Please come out and help build the trails!
If you don't want to, or don't have the time to play in the dirt;
HPT has plenty of opportunities for you to help in another capacity.
"If you used the trails today, thank a volunteer!
If you want to use them tomorrow, become a volunteer!"